Here you can find news and photos regarding F1. The pictures (wallpapers) and news displayed are the ones I managed to find on the Internet (I sure hope I am not violating any copyright acts). On the left side you will find labels, links, search, bookmark and on the right google ads. Please leave comments (I appreciate them all), no registration required! You can also send me feedback! Enjoy


Monday, December 8, 2008

Formula 1 Teams for 2009

As I see it, there are a few possible outcomes. I will show everything in percentages. First of, what will happen for 2009, the amount of teams to race:

10 teams (incl. newly purchased Honda): 30%
9 teams: 35%
8 teams: 20%
7 teams: 5%
0 teams: 10%

0 teams? Yes, you read it right. I think it's a 10% chance that there will be no Formula One Season in 2009. Like the NHL lockout, just Formula 1. They take a year off because there's not enough teams.

Put it this way: Red Bull with Toro Rosso drops out, as well as Renault or Force India. That would leave 6 teams on the grid. 12 cars. The others would probably agree to take a year off and fill the line-up for 2010 instead.

So, which teams are in for it? Percentages show the likelihood of them competing in 2009:
McLaren: 80%
Ferrari: 85%
BMW: 85%
Renault: 75%
Toyota: 85%
Toro Rosso: 60%
Red Bull: 65%
Williams: 75%
Force India: 70%
Purchased Honda team: 40%

I will re-arrange that to enlist them in a "Likelihood of 2009 participation" rank:
1. Ferrari - 85%
1. BMW
1. Toyota
4. McLaren - 80%
5. Renault - 75%
5. Williams
7. Force India - 70%
8. Red Bull - 65%
9. Toro Rosso - 60%
10. Purchased Honda - 40%

I hope this provides a fair overview: My friends, do not be surprised if the 2009 Formula One Season is cancelled.

No comments:

There are a lot more posts (both news and pictures) so check them out tho! See the labels on the left side up, or better yet use the search option and find stuff you want!!

Custom Search